SynChordia Service Operations Platform
SynChordia Service Operations Platform (S.O.P.) is a robust solution that covers IT Service Support management in a way to ensure service quality.
S.O.P. offers a managed and easy way to deliver state of the art IT Support Services based on a control-oriented architecture. The S.O.P. solution helps organizations implement ITIL Service Operation industry-accepted best practices easily based on leading SW and Consulting Services.
SynChordia HelpDesk is a web-based help desk software that helps you manage all your communications from a single point. It offers an integrated Request management (Trouble Ticketing), Asset management, Purchase order management, Contract Management, Self-Service Portal, and Knowledge Base.
SynChordia HelpDesk provides a single, central point of contact for all users of IT within the organization. Handles incidents, queries and requests. It provides an interface for all of the other Service Support Processes. It is responsible for the management of the incidents from detection and recording through resolution and closure.
Objectives & Goals
- Objective:Restoration of normal service as soon as possible within minimal disruption to the business.
- Goal: Minimize the adverse impact of incidents and problems to the business. It records all workarounds and quick fixes as known errors in the knowledge database. It also raises changes to Change Management module for permanent solutions. Proactively prevents occurrences for further problems by analyzing incident trends.
SynChordia HelpDesk helps to streamline your IT service with the ITIL best practices easily.
The workflow designed out of the box helps you implement without any expert consultations. It includes Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management and Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Incident Management – Restore normal services as soon as possible with workarounds or solutions to make sure that it does not affect business.
- Problem Management – Find the root cause of incidents and reduce the impact on business. Problem Management is a proactive approach that prevents recurrence of incidents.
- Change Management – Implement a comprehensive change management system that allows you to handle pre-approved changes and changes with complete approval cycle
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is a centralized repository that holds all the information about all the assets. CMDB also manages the relationship between the Configuration Items (CIs).
- Self-service portal to enable login for users to submit their trouble tickets
- Web-based knowledge-base system for users and technicians to search and add the troubleshooting docs
- NMS Integration to integrate with Network Monitoring Software for tracking events and network failures
- Service Level Agreements to set escalation levels for the SLA violations
- Multi-site functionality to manage requests, assets and technicians separately for different sites in your organization
- Email Integration to handle all the help desk emails sent by the users
- Notification alerts via email or sms, to inform users or technicians for request handling
- Request scheduling to manage and track the preventive maintenance tasks
- API integration to integrate your web-based help desk software with any third-party software
- Active Directory integration to enable user authentication with single sign-on functionality
- Robo technician to automate the “reset password requests”
- Request survey to know the technician competent level and user satisfaction level on request resolutions
- Flash Reports to get a consolidated view on what is happening with your help desk
- Help Desk Reports to schedule and review the reports based on Request-status, SLA-violation and many more from the list of default reports or to create your own custom reports.
SynChordia Asset Manager allows a company to audit all of its fixed assets the way that they want. From the very core building blocks of the data, the Asset Definitions, through to the final connections between each Inventory Item, all aspects of the solution are dynamic and user defined giving total flexibility to the user to create whatever their requirements dictate.
Tracking assets is an important concern of every company, regardless of size. Fixed assets are defined as any ‘permanent’ object that a business uses internally including but not limited to computers, tools, software, or office equipment.
While employees may utilize a specific tool or tools, the asset ultimately belongs to the company and must be monitored. Without an accurate method of keeping track of these assets it would be very easy for a company to lose control of them.
Fixed Asset Management is an accounting process that seeks to track fixed assets for the purposes of financial accounting, preventative maintenance and theft deterrence.
Many organizations face a significant challenge to track the location, quantity, condition, maintenance status and depreciation status of their fixed assets. With the right software tracking fixed assets is easy and can be made even easier utilizing the latest available technology. For example the use of a serial numbered Asset Tag, often with a bar code for easy and accurate reading. The owner of the assets can then take inventory with a mobile barcode reader in order to produce reports or make important decisions.
A further need that can be addressed is that of Asset inter-dependency. Mainly in IT Systems but not exclusively the Assets have relationships between them that create dependencies meaning that the loss of a specific Asset has an impact on one or more other Assets. By mapping the relationship between each Asset we are able to quantify the Impact of such a failure either pro-actively or in response to an emergency to find a solution.
Intelli has developed a complete solution for the management of Fixed Assets which can be used by companies or organizations of any size allowing those responsible to at last take control of the Assets and not the opposite.
SynChordia Asset Manager was designed to help solve the huge problem currently being faced by very many companies who have suddenly realized that they have a large number of “fixed assets”, sometimes worth a lot more money than they might imagine, and they have no way of quickly identifying where these assets are, what purpose or service they are currently serving and anything else that they might want to know about the specific Asset.
One of the fastest growing Asset Groups is that of IT Assets but the term “Asset” and the Asset Manager solution can be used to audit and track any type of Asset imaginable, from Educational Materials to Tools, from Vehicles to Videos, basically anything that is a Fixed Asset.
- Always know exactly what assets you have and where they are!
- Monitor asset movement between multiple sites.
- Treeview presentation for modeling Services.
- Uniquely identify each asset, ideal for security.
- Maintain correct insurance coverage through up-to-date records.
- Spend less time looking for information.
- Create Planned Maintenance Job Sheets.
- Avoid buying an Asset already owned but forgotten or procured by other dept.
- Prevent major crisis by exposing Impact of a proposed change before it happens.
- Help solve a problem quickly by showing full impact of failure during a crisis.
- Overall economic benefit through loss prevention, improved equipment and maintenance.
Intelli offers a robust solution that covers IT & Business Operations Monitoring and Alerting needs in a way to ensure incident reduction. Dashboard is an easy way to live monitor your IT & Business operations based on Scorecard visualizations. Based on a Dashboard, an organization is able to:
- Visualize IT & Business operation processes easily
- Live monitor operations service quality
- Reduce internal incidents
- Build a proactive approach for the service team
- Reduce runtime and operations costs
IT Operation and business departments focus on the activities required to operate the services and maintain their functionality as defined in the Service Level Agreements with the customers. Any technical incident comes up is undesirable and has to be solved the soonest possible. Dashboard can help IT Operations to reduce such incidents and organize a proactive approach to ensure the expected quality level. It warns just before a problem arises thus providing a lot of time for proactive activities. A powerful Monitoring and Alerting solution can simplify the organization’s both IT & Business Departments, allowing them to focus on their real problems.
Dashboard offers a unique visualization technology. The Visualized server is a powerful multi-threaded mechanism which pre-calculates every simple piece of information and be able to distribute thousands of graphical reports to any department division containing unlimited depth analysis.
SynChordia Operations Dashboard includes:
- Proactive approach to the whole IT & Business service operations
- Ability to guarantee service quality levels
- Web-based graphical user interface
- Visualized Designer (Chart and Gauge builder)
- Library with more than 800 chart, gauge and map templates
- Power Multi-threaded Visualized Server
- Highly integrated with Microsoft SharePoint Platform
Many executives express frustration as they attempt to reign in the turmoil and expenses associated with their IT investments while they finally find little in the way of substantive guidance. Many IT departments behave reactively, responding to events as they occur, for example a system outage. Because unscheduled work tasks take priority over planned work, stuff realizes that they are always behind. Both CIOs and CEOs constantly struggle to find new, creative ways of delivering high-quality IT services that drive competitive advantage, yet without straining today’s increasingly tight IT budgets.
The IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is the world’s most widely accepted approach to the management and delivery of IT Services. By implementing ITIL, an organization can get clear insight into the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and activities in the IT department. ITIL implementation will enable you to deliver high-quality IT services that meet both customer and your own business needs. Indeed, ITIL helps guide organizations through the numerous steps they must take to create a services-led IT culture and department. Significant efficiency improvement, cost savings across service support and delivery systems, greatly improved customer satisfaction are the promises of ITIL.
ITIL Solutions by Intelli
Intelli’s ITIL Consulting Services helps IT organizations identifying the right approach for ITIL implementation and using it for continuous improvement in IT services while promising sustainable business growth. We provide an extra edge through high service quality, cost advantage and proactive IT management for delivering value-based IT services. Our experience and methods will minimize implementation risks and enable you to transform your organization and grow people’s culture. Our ITIL solutions are constituted of four (4) fundamental steps:
ITIL v3: Foundation training
Before you embark on your ITIL journey, a quick session targeting ITIL fundamentals with core processes, functions and terminologies should take place in order to assure that everyone involved has the correct understanding. This is the entry point of an organization’s entrance into the ITIL world. On completion of the session, teams will be able to actively contribute in ITIL design processes.
Delivery of this step is knowledge and understanding.
ITIL v3: Maturity Assessment
Intelli has designed an ITIL v3 Assessment that can be completed expediently. The program not only provides an understanding of current ITIL v3 maturity, but it also gives the details needed to actually begin re-engineering critical processes. Each area is evaluated for organizational readiness, technology enablement and metrics, measurements and key performance indicators.
Delivery of this step is a ‘where you are’ analysis that will assist your IT division to envision the tangible targets.
ITIL v3: Establish tangible targets
The concept of continuous service improvement is setting tangible targets achieved within a specific period of time, thus elevating your IT service management level of maturity. To achieve this, the targets should be measurable, sensible and realistic. Our methodology suggests splitting a long range plan into smaller time frames resulting into faster results. We adopt a high-level approach to explore process improvement areas and recommend a suitable solution to achieve process improvements.
Delivery of this step is a justified definition of measurable goals with tangible milestones complemented with a gap analysis.
ITIL v3: Design Strategy
Upon completion of the gap analysis, Intelli creates a concrete plan containing specific steps that begins moving the organization towards re-engineering the defined IT processes in alignment with ITIL v3 best practices. Process improvement solutions include identifying the right automation and monitoring tools, current process flow redesign, new process entrance and possible process consolidation with the use of existing technologies for maximum output.
Delivery of this step is the Roadmap scenario and the full scale implementation of this.
By implementing a well-established, proven framework such as ITIL your company will undoubtedly experience a number of key benefits:
- Why should you reinvent the wheel? In today’s highly competitive IT and business industries, time is a precious commodity. Therefore, why spend all of the time and effort to develop and framework based on limited experience when international developed standards such as ITIL already exists.
- Model frameworks provide an excellent structure that companies can follow. Essentially, employees can work towards the same goals, guided and supported by a definite structure.
- Standards have been developed over time and accessed by hundreds of people and organizations all over the world. The cumulative years of experience reflected in, for example, the ITIL model cannot be matched by a single organization’s efforts.
- Standards enable knowledge growth. By following it, people can share ideas between teams, web sites, magazine, books and so forth. Followers of company-specific ad hoc approaches do not have this luxury.