Many executives express frustration as they attempt to reign in the turmoil and expenses associated with their IT investments while they finally find little in the way of substantive guidance. Many IT departments behave reactively, responding to events as they occur, for example a system outage. Because unscheduled work tasks take priority over planned work, stuff realizes that they are always behind. Both CIOs and CEOs constantly struggle to find new, creative ways of delivering high-quality IT services that drive competitive advantage, yet without straining today’s increasingly tight IT budgets.
The IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is the world’s most widely accepted approach to the management and delivery of IT Services. By implementing ITIL, an organization can get clear insight into the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and activities in the IT department. ITIL implementation will enable you to deliver high-quality IT services that meet both customer and your own business needs. Indeed, ITIL helps guide organizations through the numerous steps they must take to create a services-led IT culture and department. Significant efficiency improvement, cost savings across service support and delivery systems, greatly improved customer satisfaction are the promises of ITIL.
ITIL Solutions by Intelli
Intelli’s ITIL Consulting Services helps IT organizations identifying the right approach for ITIL implementation and using it for continuous improvement in IT services while promising sustainable business growth. We provide an extra edge through high service quality, cost advantage and proactive IT management for delivering value-based IT services. Our experience and methods will minimize implementation risks and enable you to transform your organization and grow people’s culture. Our ITIL solutions are constituted of four (4) fundamental steps:
ITIL v3: Foundation training
Before you embark on your ITIL journey, a quick session targeting ITIL fundamentals with core processes, functions and terminologies should take place in order to assure that everyone involved has the correct understanding. This is the entry point of an organization’s entrance into the ITIL world. On completion of the session, teams will be able to actively contribute in ITIL design processes.
Delivery of this step is knowledge and understanding.
ITIL v3: Maturity Assessment
Intelli has designed an ITIL v3 Assessment that can be completed expediently. The program not only provides an understanding of current ITIL v3 maturity, but it also gives the details needed to actually begin re-engineering critical processes. Each area is evaluated for organizational readiness, technology enablement and metrics, measurements and key performance indicators.
Delivery of this step is a ‘where you are’ analysis that will assist your IT division to envision the tangible targets.
ITIL v3: Establish tangible targets
The concept of continuous service improvement is setting tangible targets achieved within a specific period of time, thus elevating your IT service management level of maturity. To achieve this, the targets should be measurable, sensible and realistic. Our methodology suggests splitting a long range plan into smaller time frames resulting into faster results. We adopt a high-level approach to explore process improvement areas and recommend a suitable solution to achieve process improvements.
Delivery of this step is a justified definition of measurable goals with tangible milestones complemented with a gap analysis.
ITIL v3: Design Strategy
Upon completion of the gap analysis, Intelli creates a concrete plan containing specific steps that begins moving the organization towards re-engineering the defined IT processes in alignment with ITIL v3 best practices. Process improvement solutions include identifying the right automation and monitoring tools, current process flow redesign, new process entrance and possible process consolidation with the use of existing technologies for maximum output.
Delivery of this step is the Roadmap scenario and the full scale implementation of this.
By implementing a well-established, proven framework such as ITIL your company will undoubtedly experience a number of key benefits:
Why should you reinvent the wheel? In today's highly competitive IT and business industries, time is a precious commodity. Therefore, why spend all of the time and effort to develop and framework based on limited experience when international developed standards such as ITIL already exists.
Model frameworks provide an excellent structure that companies can follow. Essentially, employees can work towards the same goals, guided and supported by a definite structure.
- Standards have been developed over time and accessed by hundreds of people and organizations all over the world. The cumulative years of experience reflected in, for example, the ITIL model cannot be matched by a single organization's efforts.
- Standards enable knowledge growth. By following it, people can share ideas between teams, web sites, magazine, books and so forth. Followers of company-specific ad hoc approaches do not have this luxury.
Intelli will help you demonstrate continuous improvement in terms of:
- Greater alignment of IT services, processes and goals with business requirements, expectations and goals.
- Increased user and customer satisfaction with IT services.
- Improved business profitability and productivity.
- Reduction in overall management and support costs leading to a reduced TCO.
- Improved service availability and performance, leading to increased business revenue.
- Improved service levels and quality of service by reducing risk and downtime.
- Improved time to market for new products and services.
- A single point of contact for all Service related issues.
- Reduction of IT operational costs.
- Integration between compliance requirements like Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX) and best practice frameworks.
- Integration of the COBIT/ITIL/ISO joint framework.
Intelli offers the following implementation areas based on ITIL, depending on the organization’s needs. Some of these include:
SOX Section 404 Documentation project: Intelli can help you prepare your SOX Section 404 documentation of the identified processes and control activities that are in scope and identify the key controls. As part of the key control selection, we will focus on ensuring that the scope of the key controls addresses only those processes and activities which are in scope of Section 404. We will also focus on selecting key controls that are, wherever possible, automated and preventive versus manual and detective. Our experience shows that automated and preventive type controls are more reliable and less costly. Our standardized approach produces just the right amount of documentation for your management assessment and your external auditors. Our experience teams ensure the documentation addresses all of the necessary elements, such as entity-level, IT and financial disclosure controls. Moreover, our experience keeps the project focused on what is really required by Section 404 and provides you with suitable integration with your external auditors.
Despite the many successes of ITIL, the approach faces several challenges that, experts say, could slow its full-scale adoption. By choosing Intelli as your preferred partner you are assured that:
- We bring ITIL v3 expertise and best practices as an added value to every project we undertake, whether it is process consulting or technology services.
- Our practice covers the entire IT organization and we work in each project to bridge the potential gaps often discovered between IT groups.
- We understand your business and your industry. Some of the largest organizations in the Telecom, Financial, Utilities and Services sector already count themselves as our clients.
- We treat every single customer uniquely. We specifically tailor our solution to fit specialized customer requirements and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction possible.
- We provide leading market software solutions for implementation aligned to ITIL v3 practices.
- Our know-how provides us the capability of extending our offer to integrate with other compliances such as SOX, COBIT, BASSEL II, ISO, depending on customer needs.
- We manage the implementation of a Continual Service Improvement function in your organization by creating process efficiency metrics and KPI’s to support business needs. We can conduct periodic service reviews on request to identify Improvement opportunities and to verify adherence to organizations targets.