Intelli R&D Division has as target to create and promote innovation to National and International level.
When planning our internal R&D management system, Intellisolutions carefully allocated the related resources and assign the responsible manpower to adhere to the ISO requirements more aptly. Our internal R&D Procedures assure internal Quality and strong Business Development based on Research Projects and concepts.
The phases of the research and development vary, depending on the type of product. Briefly, our internal procedures include five stages can be classified as:
Idea Generation Stage
This stage is the origin of the research/development process. Ideas of the product may originate from customers' responses collected by the sales department, the market trend surveyed by the planning department, or the strategic command of the top management. All of these factors are merely the conceptual description of a new product. This stage focuses on describing the product idea as clearly as possible. Formal written descriptions and the business specifications must be prepared to evaluate the feasibility of the following three aspects:
1. Technological feasibility: such as engineering human resources, production equipment, inspection capability, and the like.
2. Marketing feasibility: such as strategies of the competitors, market potentiality, and product positioning.
3. Synthetic feasibility: such as cost estimation and return on investmentanalysis.
Once a decision is made, a project team should be organized to perform the design tasks. A project leader must be allocated. to ensure that the product is completed with high quality, on schedule, and at low cost. In this stage, the business specifications are converted into manufacturable engineering specifications and the quality function deployment (QFD) can be used to assist the transformation. A master schedule should be established for each project. Schedule of the contractual design project should include the customer's requirements and due date. The engineering specifications and design schedule should be carefully reviewed to ensure that the design objective can be achieved. Information that can be collated should include to enforce the design function and to reduce the research/development risk. Previous design project and customers' complaint records are two of the useful references.
Product Design Stage
The converted engineering specifications are the quality level that should be accomplished in the design stage. The major tasks of this stage consist of:
1. Preservation of complete design records, including numerical computations, selection of components, simulation of interference between parts, and so on.
2. Construction and verification of prototypes.
3. Production of design output, such as bill of materials, component and assembly drawings, circuit charts, and software.
4. Estimation of production cost.
5. Application of patents.
When the design output is proven acceptable after modification, the next step is to construct the prototype and perform the pilot production. This stage aims to transfer the designed results from our R&D department to the production department. Several tasks should be completed before pilot production; therefore, a separate stage is implemented by some enterprises. The preparatory tasks include the following:
1. Preparation of quality control plan, such as QC engineering table, inspection standard, and sampling.
2. Preparation of test equipment.
3. Design of production flow, such as layout, power, and construction works.
4. Preparation of jigs and fixtures.
5. Preparation of operation sheets.
6. FMEA of processes.
7. Procurement, installation, and examination of production and testing equipments.
8. Determination of quantity of prototype and pilot production.
9. Training of relevant personnel. When the preparatory activities are completed, the project team should call a meeting to smoothly transfer the designed results. If a separate stage is performed, a review meeting can be used to determine the right time of pilot production. The available time span of the production line and workpower must be arranged in advance; the working order can then be released.
Intellisolutions R&D Division's primary targets are to:
1. Focus on creative and innovative R&D Business Development
2. Produce innovative IT services and products and enhance existing ones
3. Use R&D for IT Governance and Energy development as Services
4. Combine R&D with Services
5. Focus on IT Service development
6. Correlate with Account managers
7. Create weekly brainstorming sessions